- Location: Semi-Remote/Farm Site (in & around Nairobi)
- Level: 1
- Start Date: June/July, 2021
- Potential Next role: Assistant Farm Manager
- Our Promise: The world of agriculture will be your oyster 😁
GrowAgric is a crowdfunding platform that connects farmers with working capital, allowing them to scale, meet buyers demand while delivering profitability to themselves and their sponsors. We help our farmers maximise productivity and profit by using machine learning.
We are seeking to recruit an Agriculture intern who is interested in getting hands-on experience and keen to learn about agronomy, profitability, yield, storage, and procurement.
This internship is for 6 months and would see you rotate across animal care, farm management, and agricultural partnerships. On completion of the internship, the world of agriculture will be your oyster (or maybe your chicken!), as you can progress with us as an agricultural technician, agronomist, or farm manager.
This job provides an opportunity to gain full-time employment and evolve to an Assistant farm manager in 12 months.
- Aid the development of training tools and set up farmer training and demonstration events
- Develop and implement operational efficiency measures and support making a business case for farm projects
- Manage all on-farm activities including the planning of farming cycle, feeding cycle, harvesting, sorting, and record-keeping
- Support site visit with field officers, observing field activities, and eventually lead field visits
- Plan effective utilisation of farm labour to avoid high wage bills, and cut down on unnecessary farm cost
- Stock-taking of farm Inputs and know when re-order levels are due
- Document best practice and create standard operating procedures to support farm management
- Monitor farm record management systems, and ensure timely updates on progress to management
- Ensure implementation of farm safety procedures at all times
- Certificate/Diploma in agricultural economics, agronomy, agribusiness, animal health/production and another related field
- Experience in a farm environment desirable
- Excellent at all types of communication
- Exceptional editing and writing skills
- Excellent Data Analysis skills
- Highly self-motivated individual with a creative mindset
- Demonstrate a passion for Agricultural technology and desire to learn
- Ability to learn and articulate solution selling value points
- Ability to work collaboratively, engage with internal and external users
- The ability to travel as necessary
How to apply
Ready for a bumper crop of career success? Send your detailed C.V, Cover Letter, and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title.
Please note that resumes will be reviewed as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.