- Location: Semi-Remote/Farm Site (in & around Nairobi)
- Level: 3
- Start Date: June/July, 2021
- Potential Next role: Regional Farm Manager
- Our Promise: A bumper crop of career success👨🌾👩🌾☘️🌱🪴
GrowAgric is a crowdfunding platform that connects farmers with working capital, allowing them to scale, meet buyers’ demand while delivering profitability to themselves and their sponsors. We help our farmers maximise productivity and profit by using machine learning.
We are seeking to recruit a Farm Manager who will oversee the management of all operations on our partner farms.
You will be responsible for the administrative, financial and physical performance of the farms and as such will be highly skilled in all aspects of the farm business. The responsibilities involve planning and carrying out the day-to-day operational aspects of the stock and production management, with the key objective being to maximize the productivity and profitability of the farms, without compromising farm condition, stock, or human resources.
This job provides an excellent opportunity to grow with a company that will be expanding its farm operations to 5x its current size over the next 3 years.
This job requires flexibility to travel.
- Manage complete farm operations of sponsored farms
- Formalize processes, develop SOPs, and train the team on dutiful and accurate execution
- Manage and build relationships with input providers, bulk buyers, suppliers and farmer groups
- Manage costs and report on KPIs, budgets, and other planning tools
- Proactively plan for seasonality variations to ensure a consistent level of productivity
- Monitor farm record management systems, and ensure timely updates on progress to management
- Build sustainable partnerships with farmer groups and associations
- Aid the development of training tools and set up farmer training and demonstration events
- Develop and implement operational efficiency measures and make a business case for farm projects
- Manage all on-farm activities including the planning of farming cycle, feeding cycle, harvesting, sorting and record-keeping
- Lead site visit with field officers, observing and feeding back on field activities and productivity improvement techniques
- Plan effective utilisation of farm labour to avoid high wage bills, and cut down on unnecessary farm cost
- Stock-taking of farm Inputs and know when re-order levels are due
- Ensure implementation of farm safety procedures at all times
- Recruit, develop, and retain the best global talent
- Background in agricultural sciences, agricultural economics, agronomy, agribusiness, animal health/production, and/or another related field. Operational and general management capabilities are also desirable
- Must have experience in a commercial farm environment, managing farm assets, and farm labor
- Proven track record of managing large organizations across multiple business functions in challenging geography
- Excellent at all types of communication
- Appreciation for and understanding of operations in a remote environment
- Ability to build a winning team and excellent culture, with the unique ability to have both a critical conversation, but also build confidence, trust, and cooperation
- Excellent report writing and Data Analysis skills
- Highly self-motivated individual with a creative mindset
- Demonstrate a passion for Agricultural and desire to learn
- Ability to learn and articulate solution selling value points
- Ability to work collaboratively, engage with internal and external users
- The ability to travel as necessary
How to apply
Ready for a bumper crop of career success? Send your detailed C.V, Cover Letter, and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title.
Please note that resumes will be reviewed as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.