- Location: Kilimani, Kenya/Semi-Remote/Fully Remote
- Level: 2
- Start Date: June/July, 2021
- Potential Next role: Senior Software Engineer
- Our Promise: A space to build awesome technology👌✅
GrowAgric is a crowdfunding platform that connects farmers with working capital, allowing them to scale, meet buyers’ demand while delivering profitability to themselves and their sponsors. We help our farmers maximise productivity and profit by using machine learning.
We are seeking to recruit a skilled Software Engineer who along with our Technology Partner and excellent software development team will be responsible for working on projects that are currently being developed and delivering on our Tech vision in line with our Technology roadmap.
You will work in a rewarding, agile environment that is constantly learning and improving. You will participate in all stages of constructing software from idea conception to planning, requirements definition, development, and testing.
As a rapidly growing startup, we are looking for someone who can grow into being a leader at our company.
- Research, design, and write new software programs
- Develop and direct software system validation and testing methods
- Direct our software programming initiatives and manage the software development lifecycle
- Improve system quality by identifying issues and common patterns, and developing standard operating procedures
- Enhance applications by identifying opportunities for improvement, making recommendations, and designing and implementing systems
- Maintain and improve existing codebases and peer review code changes
- Liaise with colleagues to implement technical designs
- Maintain the GrowAgric platform; troubleshooting, debugging, and upgrading existing systems
- A degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related fields is essential.
- At least five to seven years of software engineering or software development experience preferably in a related field
- Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ or other programming languages
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Excellent knowledge of algorithms and data structure
- Proficiency in troubleshooting software issues and debugging a large codebase
- Experience managing the software development lifecycle
- Extensive knowledge of agile methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skill
- Possess a passion for solving problems and providing workable solutions
- Ability to apply mathematics and statistics to problem-solving initiatives
- Demonstratable passion for the latest development in hardware, systems, and coding
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with an ability to visualise processes and outcomes
- Ability to work collaboratively, engage with internal and external users
- The ability to travel as necessary
How to apply
Ready for a bumper crop of career success? Send your detailed C.V, Cover Letter, and copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to email@example.com quoting the job title.
Special consideration will be given to applicants who share examples of their work, link to GitHub page, projects you’ve completed, or your website.
Please note that resumes will be reviewed as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.